Monday, February 10, 2014

Help One - Touch Many



When we help one person, we could be touching thousands.  Let’s say that another way:  Always remember, when you help one person, you’re really impacting a lot of other people. 

I continually stand in amazement at the power of influence.  There are dozens of men and women to whom I can pause and give compliments for their immeasurable influence on my life.  And in some great ways, because of their influence on my life, their influence is felt in over 109 countries by individuals who have read my blogs.  Think about that. 

When you touch another person’s life, you are multiplying your effectiveness in ways that will never be counted. 

Here is a paraphrase of a quote:

“Your greatest contribution to this world may not be something you do but someone you influence in a positive way.”
(Paraphrase based on a quote by Andy Stanley)

I've talked about adding to someone’s bucket in some previous posts.  This is the heart of that concept.  If I dip into your bucket, I take away.  But if I add to your bucket, I add to your life in good and wholesome ways.  You feel better about self, your self-esteem rises, and you have some temporary healthful effects, like lower heart beat, slight lowering of blood pressure, and a momentary relief from stress.  And you just might catch a glimpse of seeing yourself in your mind’s eye as a “can do” person.

My mission in life is to offer hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time to every man, woman and child with whom I come in contact. 

My goal:  Help one person – and perhaps, just perhaps I’ll touch many.

Join me?

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment