Wednesday, January 23, 2013

True to Myself


Regret #1:  A Life True to Myself
January 22, 2013
This is a five-part series based on The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, Bronnie Ware


Who are you and what do you want out of life?  Are you following your own heartbeat, or is someone else dictating your direction and your destiny? 

In her book The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, Bronnie Ware begins with this:

Regret #1:
I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. 


To know one’s passions and then to act on those passions is the greatest of all journeys.  People around us are standing in line to tell us what to do, where to go, how to act, and how to dress – but is it our way? 

We are individuals, and we have a creator who has instilled inside of us unique gifts, abilities, inclinations and destinies.  At birth, they are nothing more than seedlings.  But as we grow, we gravitate toward those ideas and areas that best fit us. 

The joy of discovering and then pursuing our best life ever is what this thought is all about.  What a tragedy when we allow others to dictate our destiny which takes us down a path that is away from our true nature and inclinations.

When we come to our end, I hope we can look back over the landscape and declare “I had the courage to life a life true to myself and my own calling.” 

That is a successful life without regrets.




P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment