Monday, January 28, 2013

Expressed Feelings


Regret #3:  Expressed Feelings
This is a five-part series based on The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, Bronnie Ware

When words are left unexpressed, often they become the ones that sting the most in life.  Recently I've read a few accounts of individuals coming to their end with unexpressed feelings and what a burden and loss it is for those left behind. 

Sometimes it takes courage to say the words, but say them we must. 

Regret #3: 
I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings

Somewhere deep within us we must find the courage to say the words that matter the most in our key relationships.  Those heart-words are so vitally important and we must find them and use them. 

I was 19 years old before I ever remember hearing or uttering the words “I love you” with my parents.  It’s good to sort-of know one is loved, but it is absolutely imperative to express that phrase. 

What feelings do you need to express to someone today?  Find the time, find the words, and find the guts to say the words that will last a lifetime.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Up-Moments
One Moment at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment