Monday, September 3, 2012

Persistence




Persistence


In Og Mandino’s classic The Greatest Salesman in the World, he begins and ends The Scroll Marked Three with these words …

“I will persist until I succeed”

“Persistence” is considered by some to be one of the four critical psychological traits as measured in the Temperament and Character Inventory.

It is in high demand.  The persistent sales person will make the sale, provided he or she does the work and the follow-through necessary to keep his or her presence before the desired customer. 

Follow-through - one of the great synonyms for persistence. 

Another great one – Pertinacity.  That one means “stick-to-it-ive-ness.”  I learned that from my high school typing teacher, and I’ve never forgotten it.

Do you have …
     ~Pertinacity?
     ~Staying Power?
     ~Persistency?

They don’t sell those at the local Big-Box store in the large sizes.  They come with doing daily tasks with excellence and consistency. 

They are developed by showing up, with preparedness and excellence in tact, in all of our human encounters, ready, willing and able to accomplish the job. 

Be a person of persistence.

Stay until the job is done.

I want to paraphrase a small portion of Og’s words: 


“Success may be hiding around the next
bend in the road, and I will never know
how close I come to it
unless I turn the corner.”


Always take the next step.

Persist until you succeed.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Encouragement
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment