Friday, August 31, 2012

The Detour



The Detour

The straightest, quickest route is the one we almost always take.  We time our lives down-to-the-minute with our normal route so we can get there and be on time. 

Behold the detour. 

What happens when detours come?

Most people hate detours.  On most days I hate detours too.  They take us down unfamiliar paths. 

However …

However, detours can be an adventure.  Some wise person once said …

“A truly happy person is one who can
enjoy the scenery on a detour.”

I've had a few job detours.  I didn’t stay as long as planned, or I didn’t get the job I wanted and planned for.  That is a detour.

I've had relationship detours.  Boy, they can be a ride-and-a-half sometimes. 

The point is this – in season, out of season, when your plans fall in line or when things don’t go as planned, enjoy the scenery along the way anyway.

You will see, meet, experience, and hear some good and different stuff from what you normally hear. 

Bottom line - You make the best of a detour.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment