Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm not much, but I am Me



I’m not much, but I am Me

~I’m not Thoreau or Hemingway, but I can write in my own style.
~I’m not Billy Graham, but I can still pray and honor God.
~I’m not Frank Lloyd Wright, but I’ve built a few book cases that still stand.

~I’m not Bill Gates, but I can understand software.
~I’m not competing at the Olympics, but I can go to the gym and compete with my last time there.
~I’m not Stephen Hawkin, one of the most brilliant men on earth, but I can read and write, and listen and learn.

~I may be from the South, but I still have opportunities to pursue.
~I may be bald, but I can still be friends with a lot of people.
~I may be a few pounds overweight, but I can still move about and live a productive life.
~I may drive a car that is a few years old, but it still gets me where I need to go.


Life isn’t about having the latest, or being the best, or owning the top drawer of anything.  It’s not a race to see who comes in first.  It’s a journey to see who can complete the course and leave some kind of a significant legacy, even if it is for one other person.

I want to leave a legacy.  I want to make marks, good marks, so that others can see better, live better, know more, understand more, love more, and trust more. 

Learn from my mistakes.
Learn from my words.
Learn from my habits.
Learn from my victories.

But learn, and grow, and chase your own star.

Be you – uniquely individualistically you.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

PS-Thanks for sharing this with someone in need of a word of encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment