Monday, July 30, 2012

Have You "Happened" To Things



Have You “Happened” to Things?

Not much happens until we “happen” to things.  What a fresh way to see.

Wishes are good.
     Hopes are necessary.
          Dreams fill the mind.

But until we “happen” to a thing, not much will change its current state, move it off the dime, or ring any bells with anyone.

I wanted to become a recognized writer for years.  Not much happened until I sent in my first article in 1978 and it got accepted for publication.  I received a sizeable check ($22) for my efforts, and all of a sudden I was in the ranks of a paid professional writer.  What a grand day that was.

I “happened” to that publication because I took action. 

Taking action … that is the issue.

~When relationships need reconciling,
                    someone has to “happen” to that relationship.

~When buildings are built, someone “happens”
                    to make that possible.

~When love strikes, someone has to be the “happener”
                    with a reciprocating acceptance on the other end.

This quote fuels what we are thinking about today…

It had long since come to my attention
that people of accomplishment
rarely sat back and let things happen to them.
They went out and happened to things.”
~Leonardo da Vinci


Worth thinking about.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Encouragement
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment