Thursday, March 29, 2012

NAMASTE - The Words of Aspire (#3 of 11)



Namaste
Lesson #3 in an Eleven-part series 
based on Aspire by Kevin Hall



“You are an unrepeatable miracle” … thus says Kevin Hall in this chapter from Aspire.

Your fingerprint and your footprint are unique to you alone.  You eye can be used for identification because of the unique patterns found inside.  Even your voice vibrates at a frequency unmatched by any other on earth. 

You are unique.  You are special.  You have a touch of divinity flowing within you.  That my friend is “Namaste”.

So, since all of us have this uniqueness, this structure unlike any other on the face of this earth, then for what are we created?

What indeed!

There is greatness in each of us.  Greatness in you.  Greatness in me. 

If you’ve read Kevin’s book, then you know all about Arthur, Kevin’s linguistic mentor.  Arthur points out that Namaste sounds like it comes from the roots of our English word “enthusiasm”.  “Enthusiasm” means ‘God within or God’s gifts within’.

The word “enthusiasm” then led Arthur to “authentic”, which comes from two words.  “Autos” means self, and “hentes” means beingAuthentic means “being yourself.”

How about that?  We are to be in pursuit of our real self – our authentic nature and gifts.

We are to become a genius – which is nothing more than being “genuine”.

Genuine:  The real deal.  The true-blue, unmistakable, unbending example of all we were made to be.

And how do we come to this place in our lives?

We “Recognize” ourselves.

Arthur breaks down “Recognize” as follows:  RE is again, and COGNIZE is a derivative of “cognizant,” which means to know. 

Recognize means to know again.  Recognizing your natural gifts is like meeting an old friend. 

We come face to face with ourselves, our giftedness, our inherent nature, and we recognize that spark of divinity.  And the next step is the most critical step of our lives.

We have to embrace what we recognize.  We have to embrace US.  That spark of divinity, of creativity is already there.  Now that we see it, recognize it for what it is.  Embrace it.  Make it you.  Claim your giftedness, your talents, your inner qualities, and begin the journey of a lifetime for the rest of your life. 

I have always known that I am a people person, and I have found jobs and career paths that enabled me to use those people skills. 

I have expressed them through music, retail sales, and management.  Always, always, as a manager, I placed a higher priority on the people under my care more than on the financial bottom line.  It was my passion to see each person grow and flourish as an individual first, and then the rest would fall into place. 

I still hold to that mindset.  It’s people who do our bidding when we are managers.  

Those are the thoughts that make my heart beat faster as a manager.

And now I write and speak.  I’m still passionate about helping individuals become whatever it is they want to become.  Now I use words – words of hope, encouragement and inspiration.

So, what were your born to do

As you meditate on this question, use these as guideposts.
--When you are all alone, and your mind runs free,
what are your most dominant thoughts
when you think about your life and career?


--If you could do anything in the world,
and knew you would not fail,
what would you do?

I love what Kevin says at the end of his “Journal Thoughts”:

“I commit to stop doing what I am good at and start doing what I am great at.  That is Namaste at its very essence.” 

If you’ve ever received any written communication from Kevin, you instantly know he is famous for signing off with “Namaste my friend.” 

He is saying -- “I salute the Divine within you.  I salute your God-given gifts.”

Go forth, my friend.  Show the world what is fully inside of you.  Strut your stuff.

You are full of divinity!



No comments:

Post a Comment