Thursday, September 15, 2011

GENSHAI (Pronounced GEN-Shy)



One of my all-time favorite books is titled Aspire by Kevin Hall.  As a result of reading this book and befriending the author, Kevin and I are developing a fine and life-long friendship.

One of the words that Kevin introduces us to in this book is the word GENSHAI (pronounced GEN-Shy).

Genshai means “You should never treat another person in a manner that would make them feel small.  And that means yourself.

So, that means 
I treat myself with respect.    I like myself; I appreciate myself; I approve of myself.  This is not haughty, self-aggrandizement, self-inflating stuff.  Genshai is simply appreciating my uniqueness, my specialness, my God-given character traits and focusing on ways to develop them and bring them to more fruition. 



Kevin says this; The way I treat myself reflects the way I treat others.  I have divinity within me.  I have greatness within me.  I attract into my life that which I believe I am.  

I am determined to treat every human being I meet with great respect, great cordialness, and great honor.  How can I possibly accomplish this unless I also care for and consider myself with equal esteem and value?

Do I believe in me?  Kevin says “Believe means to be love.  When I believe in myself, I love myself.  When I love myself, I treat myself with respect.  “Spect” is to look at.  “Re” is back.  “Respect” is to look back at.

Do I respect myself?  Do I look back on my life and see character traits that I can accept as good, wholesome and true?

Remember Genshai. 

A good word.

A good thought

A great way to live!

1 comment:

  1. This is great advice. Many people wallow in their sadness and failure and in the end they are not contributing anything to the world that helps unless it's teaching us how not to be. Building ourselves, building others is all building and any building that is going to stand with integrity must be made with the best materials.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete