Thursday, July 21, 2011

We Color Our World


How we see ourselves determines how we color our world.  

Earl Nightingale wrote and spoke of it.  Hundreds of others talked about it.  It’s in the Bible.  This color pallet, simply stated is this; “You become what your think about.”

You become.  What is the dominant thought you hold in your mind, right now, of you, your talents, your ability to succeed or fail on any given task? 

Your thoughts are a predictor of the outcome of these and so many more events you face on any given day, every day of your life. 

We become what we think about.  We color our world according to our thoughts.

The Bible says it this way in Proverbs:  “As a man thinks, so is he.” 

For a long period in my life, I lacked the ability to approve of myself.  Oh, I put on a good front, but deep down, I had some self-esteem issues that plagued me and haunted me until one fine day I discovered the phrase “I APPROVE OF MYSELF.” 

It hit me out of nowhere and I realized on that day that I truly did not approve of me.  I needed to approve of me.  I had been successful in other career tracks.  Yet, I was still haunted by this basic lack of self-approval. 

What a difference that made in helping me change the colors of my world.  It began with my ability to see myself in a different light, and then moved on to others areas or my life. 

I APPROVE OF MYSELF. 

This is such a simple message, yet one that needs to echo around the world.  We are made in the eyes of a Divine Being who knew us from before birth.  He designed us with amazing skills, instincts, and a brain that still boggles scientist as to all of its capabilities.  We are amazing!  Not in a haughty, self-absorbed way, but in a good and wholesome self-concept way. 

We are worthy human beings.
We are capable of so much.
We can do, and go, and become.

It starts with our own approval rating. 

I wish I had a magic stamp that I could use to go around and stamp the words “Approved” on people’s heads. 

Oh, we could wear it proudly on the outside, but until we internalize those concepts, and act as if we really did approve of ourselves, it would all be for show.

I am acting as if …

I am coloring my world through the lenses of acceptability. 

I approve of me!

Do you approve of you?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment