Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Choose

It’s quiet here in our home where I sit. The sun is still below the horizon. It’s cold out. There is frost on the windows. The streets are still. No dogs bark; no cats meow. Few birds are up and about their business yet.

I think about my day.
--I plan.
     --I dream.
          --I speculate.

Soon it will be time to choose.

My business dealings will take me in many different directions. I’ll see a variety of personality types. I’ll have all kinds of opportunities.

How will I conduct myself? Will I treat each person I meet with respect and honesty? Will I give each person the same cordiality or will I show preferences just because of cultural differences?

Will I make good choices? Honest choices?

Will I give my best efforts?

Will I represent my products and my employer fairly?

I could cheat my employer today. I could take less than great care of the customers who enter our door. I could do less than my best on projects. I could lie to a customer or two simply to make sure their purchase gives me a financial advantage; regardless of what is best for them.

I could choose that approach if I wanted to.

Will I choose good and wholesome thoughts and ideas? Will I deliver myself as a man of integrity?

I have lots of freedom in scheduling my daily activities. Will I be wise in planning my agenda? Will I meet with customers as scheduled, or will I go places I should not frequent, or kill some time knowing I’ll never be discovered?

What are the good and right choices I’m supposed to make today?

I choose honesty, integrity, uprightness, fair dealings, and cordial treatment of everyone I meet today.

I choose to honor my commitments, be prompt with appointments, and give a full day’s work for a full day’s pay.

I choose this today.

Tomorrow …

If for some reason I missed the mark today, tomorrow I will purpose to correct my course. New beginnings are a gift. Every day is a chance for a new beginning.

Tomorrow I will make choices that are good and wise as I purpose to do today.

After all, our greatest power is To Choose!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment